Last Updated on July 13, 2020
Here on this page you’ll find our guide how to make phone calls to and from Turkey, Turkish telephone and mobile numbers information, international dialing codes of Marmaris and Turkey.
Making Phone Calls in Marmaris
How to call Marmaris-Turkey from abroad?
* Country code of Turkey is 90.
* All Turkish telephone numbers have 10 digits and begin with 0 followed by 3 digits city code and 7 digits local number.
* Mobile numbers starts with 0532, 0533, 0542, 0543, 0544 etc.
* There are special telephone numbers that have specific tariffs from land lines.
* Marmaris is the city of the Mugla province of Turkey and city code is 0252.
* Dial the international code 00/+ followed by 90 for Turkey, and then the local area code without the first 0, and then the local number.
* Example for a Marmaris number: +90 252 XXX XX XX.
* Note: the exit code for the US and Canada is 011
* Begin with 0 followed by 3 digits city code and 7 digits local number.
* Example for a Marmaris number to dial within Turkey: 0252 XXX XX XX.
How to call abroad from Marmaris-Turkey?
* Dial the international code 00/+ followed by the country code (44 for UK, 49 for Germany, 1 for US, 7 for Ukraine, 7 for Russia, 34 for Spain, etc.), and then the local area code without the first 0, and then the local number.
* Example for a Manchester with an area code of 0161 number: +44 161 followed by the local number.
Public Landline Telephones
In Marmaris and whole Turkey, you can make phone calls via public landline telephone booths that accept credit cards or local phone cards. You can obtain them from the post offices or kiosks.
In addition, making international calls from these landline phones can be expensive. We recommend you to use these landline phones just only in case of something urgent and make it a quick one.
Some Useful Turkish Emergency Phone Numbers
24/7 available in case of an emergency:
- 110 – Fire
- 112 – Medical Emergency / Ambulance
- 115 – International Operator
- 118 – Directory Assistance
- 154 – Traffic Police
- 155 – Police
- 156 – Gendarme
- 158 – Coast Guard
- 159 – Highway Department
- 176 – Ministry of Culture and Tourism Communication Center
- 177 – Forest Fire
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Marmaris holiday experiences, pictures, fire out complaints, and chat with thousands of Marmaris holidaymakers.