Last Updated on September 27, 2020
Here you can find out all the necessary information and guide on Dalaman Airport (DLM) transfers, including airport information and services, transportation options to Marmaris, Icmeler and other holiday resorts on entire Dalaman region.
International Dalaman Airport (DLM) is the main international airport for the ones who are travelling to Dalaman region of Turkey including the popular holiday resorts of Marmaris, Fethiye and its surroundings.
Some Useful Tips
Dalaman Airport (DLM) is situated about 6 km. from Dalaman town centre and 96 km. from Marmaris city centre and it takes about 1,5 hours to get to Marmaris city centre.
Turkish Liras (TL)
You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Dalaman or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Dalaman airport and through whole Dalaman resorts.
You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Dalaman Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get TL, make sure you have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL.
You’ll need cash as about all transfer options will not accept credit cards. Also TL will benefit you more than foreign currencies as you may be confused with the calculation and foreign currencies can cost you more.
Your Hotel’s Full Address
Make sure you have your full hotel address and telephone number with you. Dalaman region has numerous hotels, which can have the same or similar name, and so the drivers can get confused.
How to Get from the Dalaman Airport to Your Hotel?
There are several options to get from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel in central Marmaris including Siteler and Armutalan, Icmeler, Turunc or any other holiday resort on the Dalaman region, such as Sarigerme, Oludeniz, Fethiye, Gocek, etc.
Below put together all the transportation options to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
Taxi ranks are situated outside the airport terminal so you’ll need to walk some. Keep in mind that Dalaman Airport (DLM) is very far away from the majority of the holiday resorts in the Dalaman region (Marmaris is 96 km. away). And taxis can cost you much, i.e. from the Dalaman airport to Marmaris city centre it would cost you around 190 TL.
If you decide to take a taxi anyways, than we recommend you to take them from the official taxi ranks and stay away from the hustlers inside the airport terminal. You can find the annual taxi fare list at the official taxi ranks. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
There is also Dalaman Airport Taxi (Tel: +90 252 792 52 40) that you can use. Fares for Marmaris centre is 190 TL / 60,00EUR / 50,00 GBP / 65,00 USD. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras as it will cost less than the other currencies.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we recommend you the below options.
Havas & Muttas Airport Shuttles
There are two official airport shuttle services named Havas (Tel: +90 444 0 487) and Muttas (Tel: +90 252 212 48 50), operating from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to Fethiye and Marmaris (2-ways).
Fare for Fethiye is 17,50 TL and Marmaris is 20 TL per person, one way, luggage included.
It takes about 60 minutes for Fethiye and 90 minutes to Marmaris depending on the traffic.
Shuttle Route for Marmaris
Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal, Gokova, Koycegiz, Ortaca, Dalaman and Dalaman Airport.
Shuttle Route for Fethiye
Fethiye Intercity Bus Terminal, Gunlukbasi, Gocek, Dalaman and Dalaman Airport.
You can find the routes and timetables on the official Havas website.
This is by far the best option. If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers, as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in Marmaris or in the Dalaman region.
The Havas or Muttas airport shuttles will bring you to at the Intercity Bus Terminal of Marmaris or Fethiye and you’ll need to take a taxi from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
When you take private transfers, the driver also meets you inside the airport terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
Summary of all
* If you are travelling alone or a couple, and don’t have so much luggage, than you can take the Havas & Muttas Airport Shuttles and reach Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal, and from there you may take a taxi to reach your hotel for 20 TL per person for shuttle plus taxi ride for your hotel which may make between 20-100 TL depending where your hotel is. And if you hotel is very far away rom central Marmaris, than it will be expensive.
If you are travelling with loads of luggage, or a group of 4 people or more, or if you are travelling with kids, or if you don’t want to go through the hassle of making all above arrangements by your own and if you think feel like you may have troubles with all the other options, than we recommend you to take Private Airport Shuttles.
And finally, , than we recommend you to arrange your own transfer via Private Shuttle Service from Dalaman Airport to Marmaris, so that you may feel comfortable and take a good service including your meeting by the taxi driver in the arrival hall (1 hour waiting is included), holding a plate with our names on it, carrying your luggages and bringing you to your hotel’s doorstep.
Private Shuttles to/from Dalaman Airport – Marmaris
* As for private airport shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
* They have variety of different and good models of cars ranging from Micro for 3 passengers to Minibuses for 19 passengers and also offer child seats. They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention and Safety Measures
* The safety and health of the guests and the drivers is a top priority. They guarantee that all the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the World Health Organization’s guidelines against COVID-19.
* Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Dalaman region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel and from your hotel to Dalaman Airport (DLM).
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
- Dalaman Airport <-> central Marmaris
- Dalaman Airport <-> Icmeler
- Dalaman Airport <-> Turunc
- Dalaman Airport <-> Selimiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Bozburun
- Dalaman Airport <-> Hisaronu
- Dalaman Airport <-> Orhaniye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Akyaka
- Dalaman Airport <-> Dalyan
- Dalaman Airport <-> Datca
- Dalaman Airport <-> Sarigerme
- Dalaman Airport <-> Gocek
- Dalaman Airport <-> Fethiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Oludeniz
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Marmaris holiday experiences, pictures, fire out complaints, and chat with thousands of Marmaris holidaymakers.