Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Here you can find out all the necessary information and guide on YDA Dalaman Airport (DLM), including airport information and services, transportation options to Marmaris and other holiday resorts in Dalaman region.
Some Useful Info & Tips
- Dalaman Airport (DLM) is the main international airport for the Dalaman region of Turkey.
- The airport is situated about about 6 km. from Dalaman town centre and 96 km. from Marmaris city centre and it takes about 1,5 hours to get to Marmaris city centre.
- Dalaman Airport Code is DLM, Tel: +90 252 792 55 55 , Web:yda.aero
- You can travel between Dalaman Airport and Marmaris (including intercity bus terminal) directly by; Public Bus (MUTTAS), HAVAS Airport Shuttle, Taxi, Shared or Private Shuttle.
- It takes about 90 minutes to get to Marmaris city center from DLM by taxi or private shuttle. Icmeler takes about 15 minutes from Marmaris.
- The HAVAS Airport Shuttle is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle(see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and city center, as well all holiday resorts in the Dalaman region.
- You can find minibuses from the Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal to neighboring resorts such as Icmeler, Turunc, Datca, Selimiye, Bozburun, Orhaniye, Akyaka operating in every 15/30 minutes.
- You’ll find short and long-term parking areas at the airport.
- There is NOMETRO line to the airport.
- You should arrange your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights. when getting to Dalaman Airport (DLM) from Marmaris or any resort in the Dalaman region.
- When we count the minimum transfer time of average 90 minutes plus 15 minutes possible traffic from Marmaris, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 3,5 to 4,5 hours before your flight.
- Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Dalaman or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Dalaman airport and through whole Dalaman resorts.
- You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Dalaman Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get TL, make sure you have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL.
- Your Hotel’s Address – Make sure you have your full hotel address and telephone number with you. Dalaman region has numerous hotels, which can have the same or similar name, and so the drivers can get confused.
Where is Dalaman Airport (DLM)?
International Dalaman Airport (DLM) is located 6 km. from central Dalaman and 96 km. from Marmaris. Facilities at the airport are banks, money exchange, shops and restaurants. Holidaymakers should travel to Dalaman Airport to get to Marmaris easily. It takes about 1,5 hours to get to Marmaris from Dalaman Airport.
Airport Name : International Dalaman Airport
Airport Code : DLM
Latitude : 36.7166666
Longitude : 28.7833333
Address : ATM Dalaman International Airport, 48780 Dalaman, Mugla, Turkey
Tel : +90 252 792 55 55
Some distances to the major holiday resorts and towns in the Dalaman region from the Dalaman airport:
- Marmaris city centre: 96 km
- Icmeler: 103 km
- Turunc: 116 km
- Hisaronu: 111 km
- Orhaniye: 118 km
- Akyaka: 71 km
- Selimiye: 134 km
- Bozburun: 141 km
- Kumlubuk: 121 km
- Datca: 162 km
- Ciftlik: 130 km
- Dalyan: 29 km
- Sarigerme: 18 km
- Fethiye: 45 km
- Oludeniz: 57 km
- Gocek: 19 km
Facilities at the airport are banks, money exchange, shops and restaurants.
DLM Flights – Live Arrivals & Departures Info
- Check for yda.aero live International Arrivals,
- Check for yda.aero live International Departures,
- Check for yda.aero live Domestic Arrivals,
- Check for yda.aero live Domestic Departures,
Please check yda.aero to find out the latest COVID-19 information for passengers traveling from Dalaman Airport (DLM).
DLM Passenger Rights
For the ones who may have an event of flight cancellation, delay, upgrading or downgrading, and any cases of inconvenience, the airlines should provide you information with all these unexpected events, and they used to do it by law. You can ask information at the airlines’ or tour operators’ desks for sure.
You can read your rights when you travel by air in the European Union from europa.eu/youreurope/
You may also call Civil Aviation General Directorate for detailed information.
Telephone: + 90 (312) 203 60 00
Insider Advice for DLM Departures
You should arrange your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights. when getting to Dalaman Airport (DLM) from Marmaris or any resort in the Dalaman region.
You should know that you will need to wait in the queue on the main entrance of the airport, the counter of the airline, and check-in process. Especially when in high season, you’ll need to be in race with thousands of travelers.
You should expect at least 10 minutes walking inside the airport.
You should complete your check-in within 60 minutes for international flights, and 45 minutes for domestic flights before the scheduled departure time. Otherwise you may lose all rights on the ticket and flight.
Therefore, we highly recommend you to be at the airport as early as possible.
When we count the minimum transfer time of average 90 minutes plus 15 minutes possible traffic from Marmaris, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 3,5 to 4,5 hours before your flight.
Dalaman Airport is spread through arrivals and departures terminals, and include shops, duty free, cafes, restaurants, exchange offices, banks, rent a car, information counters, desks and left luggage facilities.
Dalaman Airport has one terminal for international flights and one terminal for domestic flights.
Check the Airport Plans from yda.aero.
The Airport has a parking area and parking fees are based on hourly rates.
There are variety of transportation opportunities to access Marmaris and all Dalaman region resorts from Dalaman Airport.
HAVAS & MUTTAS Official Airport Shuttles, minibuses, airport transfer companies, car hire and taxis are the most popular options.
Transfer from Dalaman Airport to Marmaris mostly takes about 90 minutes via airport shuttles, private shuttles, taxis or coach transfer, depending the stops.
We recommend private shuttles as it is by far the most convenient, safe and quick way of getting from Dalaman Airport to your hotel in Marmaris or other resorts on the Dalaman region, and vice versa.
You can alsoread our below pages with specific “how to get” guides.
Havas & Muttas Airport Shuttles
There are two official airport shuttle services named Havas (Tel: +90 444 0 487) and Muttas (Tel: +90 252 212 48 50), operating from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to Fethiye and Marmaris (2-ways).
Public Bus (MUTTAS)
The public bus service named “MUTTAS” operates between Dalaman Airport and Marmaris, including Intercity Bus Terminal.
Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal to Dalaman Airport
The public buses depart from daily 04:00. See the bus schedule from muttas.com.tr
Dalaman Airport to Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal
The public buses depart upon the arrivals. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
One way ticket price is 25 TL. You need to pay in cash. Credit card is not available.
It takes about 110 minutes to get to Marmaris
Note: If you wanna continue to Icmeler, you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus from Marmaris city center.
Airport Shuttle (HAVAS)
The HAVAS Airport Shuttle operate on a regular fixed route to Marmaris city center and Intercity Bus Terminal. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Dalaman Airport, Dalaman centre, Ortaca, Koycegiz, Gokova, Marmaris
It takes about 90 minutes to get to Marmaris
One way ticket price is 25 TL
Please double check above info from havas.net
Note: If you wanna continue to Icmeler, you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus from Marmaris city center.
Taxi ranks are situated outside the airport terminal so you’ll need to walk some. Keep in mind that Dalaman Airport (DLM) is very far away from the majority of the holiday resorts in the Dalaman region (Marmaris is 96 km. away). And taxis can cost you much.
According to the 2021 taxi fares for Mugla region, the taxi-meter switch on price is 5,50 TL and per kilometer price varies with the distance (i.e. 5,60 TL per km. for 1-5 km. distance; 4,75 TL per km. for 6-15 km.; 3,75 TL per km. for 16-30 km.; 2,75 TL per km. for 31-50 km. distance; 2,40 TL per km. over 51 km.)
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Dalaman airport to Marmaris within an average distance of 96 km, the taxi fare for will be around 320-350 TL.
You can calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
We also recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
If you decide to take a taxi anyways, than we recommend you to take them from the official taxi ranks and stay away from the hustlers inside the airport terminal. You can find the annual taxi fare list at the official taxi ranks. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
There is also Dalaman Airport Taxi (Tel: +90 252 792 52 40) that you can use. Fares for Marmaris centre is 320 TL / 50,00EUR / 45,00 GBP / 55,00 USD. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras as it will cost less than the other currencies.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we recommend you the below options.
Private Shuttles to/from Dalaman Airport – Marmaris
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers for your hotel as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in Marmaris or in the Dalaman region. The Havas or Muttas airport shuttles will bring you to at the Intercity Bus Terminal of Marmaris or Fethiye and you’ll need to take a taxi from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
When you take private transfers, the driver also meets you inside the airport terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
As for private shuttle transfers from the Dalaman airport, we highly recommend Tranigo(a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels to and from Dalaman airport (DLM). They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention and Safety Measures
* The safety and health of the guests and the drivers is a top priority. They guarantee that all the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the World Health Organization’s guidelines against COVID-19.
Dalaman Airport to/from Marmaris or Other Resorts Transfers
Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Dalaman region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel and from your hotel to Dalaman Airport (DLM).
- Dalaman Airport <-> central Marmaris
- Dalaman Airport <-> Icmeler
- Dalaman Airport <-> Turunc
- Dalaman Airport <-> Selimiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Bozburun
- Dalaman Airport <-> Hisaronu
- Dalaman Airport <-> Orhaniye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Akyaka
- Dalaman Airport <-> Dalyan
- Dalaman Airport <-> Datca
- Dalaman Airport <-> Sarigerme
- Dalaman Airport <-> Gocek
- Dalaman Airport <-> Fethiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Oludeniz