Marmaris is a popular tourist destination for visitors from all over the world. One of the highlights of a trip to Marmaris is the opportunity to visit the Greek island of Rhodes, which is just a short boat ride away. In this blog post, we’ll explore why you should visit Rhodes from Marmaris, Ferry from Marmaris to Rhodes, and how to get there, tickets and guided tours.
Marmaris offers catamaran and ferry transportation services to the popular Greek Island of Rhodes. Its proximity to the nearby Greek Islands makes Marmaris a popular sea transportation hub through Aegean and Mediterranean Seas.
Rent your boat and sail into the blue by ViraVira.co!ViraVira.co, the leading yacht charter marketplace in Europe and one of the few online platforms in the world specialized in marine tourism. More than 12,000 hourly, daily, weekly private rental boats, yacht/gulet charters and blue cruise in Turkey from Marmaris, Bozburun, Gocek, Fethiye, Bodrum, Antalya, Istanbul, as well as from Greece, Croatia, Italy, and France. Easy and secure booking experience at the best prices.
Why Visit Rhodes from Marmaris
Rhodes is a beautiful island that is known for its stunning beaches, ancient ruins, and medieval architecture. A visit to Rhodes is a must-do for anyone who is interested in history and culture, or simply wants to soak up some sun on a beautiful Mediterranean island.
The island of Rhodes is located just off the coast of Turkey, making it an easy and convenient day trip from Marmaris. The short boat ride across the Aegean Sea is a scenic and enjoyable journey in its own right, offering stunning views of the coastline and the surrounding islands.
How to Get to Rhodes from Marmaris
There are several ways to get to Rhodes from Marmaris, including ferries, catamarans, and guided tours. Here’s a breakdown of your options:
Ferries are the most common way to get to Rhodes from Marmaris. There are several ferry companies that operate regular services between Marmaris and Rhodes, including Yesil Marmaris Lines, Dodecanese Seaways, Blue Star Ferries, and Anes Ferries.
No Regrets Booking Advice
The journey takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the ferries usually depart from Marmaris in the morning and return in the late afternoon or early evening. The cost of a one-way ticket is around 30-35 Euros, depending on the ferry company and the time of year.
Catamarans are a faster and more comfortable option for getting to Rhodes from Marmaris. There are several catamaran companies that operate services between the two destinations, including Sea Dreams and Marmaris Rhodes Express.
The journey takes around 1 hour, and the catamarans usually depart from Marmaris in the morning and return in the late afternoon or early evening. The cost of a one-way ticket is around 50-60 Euros, depending on the catamaran company and the time of year.
If you want to explore Rhodes with a local guide, then a guided tour might be the best option for you. There are several tour companies in Marmaris that offer guided tours to Rhodes, including Viator and GetYourGuide.
These tours usually include transport to and from Rhodes, as well as a guided tour of the island’s top attractions. The cost of a guided tour to Rhodes from Marmaris varies depending on the tour company and the type of tour, but you can expect to pay around 70-100 Euros per person.
Marmaris to Rhodes Visiting Tips
- Plan your time wisely: The journey from Marmaris to Rhodes takes around 1-2 hours, depending on which ferry or catamaran you take. Make sure to check the schedules and plan your time accordingly, so you can make the most of your time in Rhodes.
- Bring your passport: As Rhodes is a part of Greece, you will need to bring your passport with you for the journey. Make sure it is valid and up-to-date.
- Dress comfortably: The journey to Rhodes can be quite windy, so it’s a good idea to dress in comfortable layers. Also, keep in mind that Rhodes can be quite hot in the summer, so bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Be prepared for crowds: Rhodes is a very popular destination, especially during peak tourist season. Be prepared for crowds and lines, particularly at major tourist sites.
- Take a guided tour: If you want to make the most of your time in Rhodes and learn about its history and culture, consider taking a guided tour. There are many options available, from walking tours to bus tours.
- Try the local food: Rhodes has a rich culinary tradition, with influences from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. Make sure to try some of the local specialties, like moussaka, souvlaki, and fresh seafood.
- Take plenty of photos: Rhodes is a beautiful island with stunning scenery and historic sites. Make sure to take plenty of photos to capture your memories.
- Respect local customs: Greece is a conservative country with strong religious traditions. When visiting churches and other religious sites, make sure to dress modestly and behave respectfully. Also, be aware of local customs and traditions, and show respect for the local culture.
Tickets and Guided Tours
If you’re planning to visit Rhodes from Marmaris, then it’s important to book your tickets or guided tour in advance, especially during the peak summer season. You can book your tickets online through the websites of the ferry and catamaran companies, or through a travel agency in Marmaris.
If you’re interested in a guided tour, then it’s best to book through a reputable tour company in advance. This will ensure that you get the best possible experience, and that your tour guide is knowledgeable and experienced.
In conclusion, a visit to Rhodes from Marmaris is a fantastic way to experience the best of both Turkey and Greece. Whether you choose to take a ferry, catamaran, or guided tour, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience