Last Updated on April 3, 2022
Marmaris can be considered as the Mediterranean paradise and is also a major centre for blue cruise and gulet holidays, as well as luxury yacht charter in Turkey. The beauty of sailing along the 1124 km of Mugla coastline will make you experience and enjoy an excellent variety of isolated coves and bays, secluded beaches, turquoise waters, and a wide choice of places to moor in.
You’ll admire the beautiful pine-covered hills plunging into the sea, turquoise waters, natural fine golden sandy beaches, natural parks and idyllic coves from Marmaris through Hisaronu, Gokova, Datca, Bodrum, Fethiye, Gocek, and Antalya by a superb yacht charter Turkey.
What is Blue Cruise & Gulet Holidays?
Blue Cruising, also called Blue Voyage, is a type of tourism and holiday particular to Turkey made by the traditional Gulets unique to Turkey’s Mediterranean and Aegean turquoise coasts. The very long coastline is a surprise of nature in the company of isolated bays, wonderful beaches, historic scenes and wonders of nature.
Most travelers thinking of a different type of vacation rather than staying in their hotels and enjoying the sun and the sea prefer to take a blue cruise and gulet holidays in their vacation plans.
The Mediterranean and Aegean coastline of Turkey is a treasure-chest of coves, inlets, bays and beaches. The yachtsmen may easily find a anchoring or mooring area for every night. Blue cruise & gulet holidays in Marmaris Turkey also offers activities such as swimming in the crystal clear waters, fishing, water-skiing, wind-surfing and diving for the true sea lovers.
The ancient cities of Knidos, Kaunos, Telmessos, Antiphellos, Myra, Olympos, Phaselis and the rock-tombs in the Lycian cities await you for a wonderful experience. As a summary, travelers are attending to a one to seven days (or more) trips with gullet yachts and are enjoying the turquoise waters, beaches, bays and coasts.
Why Take Turkey Blue Cruise & Gulet Holidays?
* You’ll have an excellent holidays on deck, and avoid the crowd of the typical holidays on land.
* You’ll be able to see variety of heavenly places and hidden gems, such as isolated bays, coves, secluded beaches, ancient cities, towns, that you wouldn’t see them on that fast and within a good amount of period.
* You’ll have plenty of swimming, sunbathing, relaxing on board, do watersports, islands and towns exploring, shopping, luxury and fine dining and wining on board or at the coastal restaurants, and many more
* You’ll be able to jump directly to the sea from the boat.
* You’ll able to visit numerous beaches and enjoy walking and swimming there, no need for walking to the beaches like you do on a typical hotel holiday.
* You’ll have great times with your group of friends or family while cruising along the beautiful coasts of Turkey.
* You’ll not have to worry about cooking, cleaning or any other logistics during your gulet holidays.
What is a Gulet?
A gulet is a wooden motor sailing yacht built for blue cruising. Most gulets can be considered as wooden and motor yachts as well as they all have sails too.
These yachts are built for you to spend your days on the deck during the charter. Spacious decks and housing a large stern half moon shaped dining and lounging area are the gulet’s main specialties.
The passenger capacity of a gulet varies 4 and 16 according to the size. They all have a wide deck in the front parts for sunbathing. The mid-ship parts are used for the bar, kitchen and living room. The stern deck mostly used for resting as well. Seating, dining tables, bar and kitchen take place in this enclosed area.
The cabins take place in the lower deck. A gulet can also be considered as a small hotel afloat. They have an approximate speed of 8 to 11 knots.
Gulets are similar to cruise liners and small passenger boats only in that they offer private accommodation to their guests. Close quarters on a gulet promote an atmosphere of friendship and sharing.
Relationships among the passengers and the crew tend to be friendlier. Another specialty of a gulet is that a gulet can take you to all smaller isolated bays whereas cruisers are just bound from one port to another.
Blue Cruising from Marmaris
Its proximity to the International airports of Dalaman, Bodrum, Izmir and Rhodes, and its location being where Aegean Sea meets the Mediterranean, make Marmaris one of the best blue cruising destinations in Turkey and Europe.
Blue cruise & gulet holidays in Marmaris Turkey usually starts in early May and goes on till late October. Sailing lovers will find many exciting routes and boat categories to choose from. The cruises made along the coasts of Marmaris through the Bodrum and Antalya region, covering an area of about 350 nautical miles.
The coasts are undulated and curly which increase the sailing distance, as this is the unique feature of the Blue Voyage. Isolated bays, ancient cities, nice villages and gorgeous beaches worth seeing.
The most popular blue cruising routes are made Datca, Karacasogut, Gulf of Gokova, Gulf of Hisaronu, Bodrum, Gocek, Fethiye, Finike and Antalya.
Blue cruising from Marmaris is made via Yacht & Gulet Charters or Cabin Charters, and usually goes for a week up to 10 days.
Things to Plan Before You Book
Before you make enquiry or plan your yacht and gulet holidays in Turkey, you’ll need to decide the number of people you plan on taking on the boat, the duration of your holidays, and whether you want a skipper or not.
Also make sure that if you don’t have a qualified captain within your group, you’ll need one.
You’ll need to plan whether you would go your blue cruise holidays with a sailing or motor yacht experience, because there will be big differences regarding the operation and experience of the boat.
How to Book Your Gulet Holidays?
* First of all, you’ll need to find an authorized and trusted charter agent who offers range of sailing yachts, motor yachts, gulets, catamarans and speedboats with different shapes and sizes and will assist you with every aspect of your gulet charter, from start to finish.
* Blue cruise and gulet holidays are usually booked weekly or 10-day programs.
* You can rent your own gulet or yacht in groups with your family, friends or loved ones. This is called yacht/gulet charter.
* If you are alone, couple or with a small number of friends, you can join the blue cruise in between mixed groups, which is called cabin charter.
* You are able to find lots of good charter agents providing gulet holidays. If you are asking our recommendations as insiders, here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments.
* We also recommend you to read more on our below pages to have more ideas about the planning, services and advice about blue cruise and gulet holidays.
- Chartering Yachts & Gulets (How? Services, Advice)
- Gulet Types & Prices
- Turkey Best Luxury Gulets (Prices, Advice)
- Turkey Best Standard & Budget Gulets (Prices, Advice)
- Best Itineraries
* If you say you’ll trust our advice, than you can fill the request form below and take professional advice and offers for your blue cruise and gulet holidays. The gulet expert will contact you with all the planning information from A to Z including gulet/yacht types, pictures, documents, prices, logistics, route planning etc.
* We’ll also provide you 5% discount when you request from our website.