Find out our useful information and answer to the frequently asked question, “How to get from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to Dalyan, and vice versa?”. You can read out all the transportation options including insider tips and plan your trip between Dalaman Airport (DLM) and Dalyan with ease.
Some Practical Info & Advice
* Dalaman Airport (DLM) is situated on the south east of Dalyan. Average distance from the Dalyan is about 29 km.
* Dalaman Airport Code is DLM, Tel: +90 252 792 55 55 , Web: yda.aero
* It takes about 40 minutes to get to Dalyan from DLM by taxi, airport or private shuttle.
* You can travel between Dalaman Airport and Dalyan directly by;
No Regrets Booking Advice
- Shared or Private Shuttle.
* The Private Shuttle (see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and Dalyan, as well all holiday resorts in the Dalaman region.
* You can find minibuses from the Dalaman town centre to Dalyan operating in every 15/30 minutes.
* You should arrange your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights. when getting to Dalaman Airport (DLM) from Dalyan or any resort in the Dalaman region.
* When we count the minimum transfer time of average 60 minutes plus 15 minutes possible traffic from Dalyan, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 2 to 3 hours before your flight.
* Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Dalaman or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Dalaman airport and through whole Dalaman resorts.
* You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Dalaman Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get TL, make sure you have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL.
* Your Hotel’s Address – Make sure you have your full hotel address and telephone number with you. Dalaman region has numerous hotels, which can have the same or similar name, and so the drivers can get confused.
Getting to/from Dalaman Airport FAQs
How far is Dalaman Airport from Dalyan?
Dalaman Airport (DLM) is located about 29 km. on the south east of Dalyan.
How long does it take to get to Dalyan from Dalaman Airport?
It takes about 30 minutes to get to Dalyan by taxi, private shuttle. If you take the airport shuttle to Dalaman centre and than take a taxi/midibus, than it would take about 1 hour to reach Dalyan.
What is the best way to get from Dalaman Airport to Dalyan?
The Private Shuttle is the most comfortable, fastest and convenient way to travel between the airport and Dalyan, as well all holiday resorts in the Dalaman region.
For getting to Dalyan via airport shuttle, after getting off at Dalaman town centre, you'll need to take a taxi or midibus and it will take about 15 minutes to get there (if you took HAVAS airport shuttle). With private shuttles, you can have a ride directly to hotel's entrance.
How to Get to/from Dalaman Airport / Dalyan?
You can find several good options to get to from the Dalaman Airport (DLM) to Dalyan or vice versa.
Option 1: Airport Shuttle (HAVAS) + Midibus/Taxi
The HAVAS Airport Shuttle operate on a regular fixed route to Fethiye and has Dalaman stop. From Dalaman, you’ll need to take a short ride to Dalyan via taxi or midibus. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Dalaman Airport, Dalaman centre, Gocek, Gunlukbasi, Adnan Menderes Boulevards, Fethiye Intercity Bus Terminal
It takes about 15 minutes to get to Dalaman centre
Please double check above info from havas.net
Option 2: Taxi
Taxi ranks are situated outside the airport terminal so you’ll need to walk some. According to the taxi fares for Mugla region, the taxi-meter switch on price is 12,4 TL and per kilometer price varies with the distance. There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Dalaman airport to Dalyan within an average distance of 29 km, the taxi fare for will be around 335 TL.
You can calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
We also recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
Option 3: Private / Shared Shuttle
This is by far the best option. If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers, as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in Dalyan or in the Dalaman region.
The Havas airport shuttles will bring you to the Dalaman centre and you’ll need to take a taxi from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
When you take private transfers, the driver also meets you inside the airport terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
As for private shuttle transfers from the Dalaman airport, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels to and from Dalaman airport (DLM). They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Dalaman region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel and from your hotel to Dalaman Airport (DLM).
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.