If you’re planning a trip to Marmaris, one of the first things you’ll need to consider is how you’re going to get there. Fortunately, there are plenty of options available to suit all budgets and travel styles. In this guide, we’ll explore all the means of transportation that will bring you to Marmaris, including options from the airport, by air, by plane, sea, boat, bus, or by road.
Where is Marmaris?
Marmaris is a beautiful port city and well loved tourist destination on the south westerly Mediterranean coast of Turkey, where the Mediterranean meets the Aegean Sea. Getting to Marmaris in Turkey is easy that holidaymakers may find variety of direct, scheduled and charter flights to Marmaris (Dalaman Airport) from many Turkish cities and from many major European cities.
Travelling to Marmaris by Air
International Dalaman airport (DLM) (Tel: +90 252 792 52 91) is the nearest airport to Marmaris. The Airport is located about 96 km. to Marmaris. Holidaymakers should travel to Dalaman Airport to get to Marmaris easily. It takes about 1,5 hours to get to Marmaris from Dalaman Airport and vice versa.
There are a lot of direct flights to Dalaman Airport. From Istanbul you can fly via Turkish Airlines (www.thy.com) and Pegasus Airlines (twww.flypgs.com). From Ankara and Izmir, you can fly via Anadolu Jet or Pegasus Airlines.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Especially in summer times there are lot of direct charter flights from Europe to Dalaman Airport. Other international flights are mostly being made through Istanbul and Izmir.
There are regular shuttle bus services and transfer companies for getting Marmaris and other popular resorts Icmeler, Fethiye from Dalaman Airport. Transfer by coach to Marmaris from the airport is made every hour with the option of frequent local buses.
Dalaman airport Information
Airport Name : Dalaman Airport
Airport Code : DLM
Dalaman Airport is located 6 km. from central Dalaman and 88 km. from Marmaris. Facilities at the airport are banks, money exchange, shops and restaurants.
Address : ATM Dalaman International Airport, 48780 Dalaman / MUĞLA
Tel: +90 (0252) 792 55 55 – Fax : +90 (0252) 792 55 65 – Web : www.atmairport.aero
Once you arrive at the airport, you have several options to get to Marmaris:
- Private Transfer: One of the most popular options for travelers is to arrange a private transfer from Dalaman Airport to Marmaris. This option offers a hassle-free journey to your destination with personalized attention from a professional driver. You can book this service in advance through a reputable provider, ensuring a safe and comfortable ride.
- Shuttle Bus: Shuttle buses are available at the airport and offer a budget-friendly option for those who want to travel from Dalaman Airport to Marmaris. However, this option may be less comfortable and can take longer due to the number of stops along the way.
- Car Rental: You can also rent a car at the airport and drive to Marmaris. This option offers the most flexibility and independence during your trip, allowing you to explore the surrounding areas at your own pace.
Travelling to Marmaris by Bus & Road
Transportation to Marmaris by road is very well organized especially in summer times. There are a lot of bus services from the big cities and from many close districts. From Izmir, Fethiye and Bodrum, there are buses about every hour.
It takes about 13 hours from Istanbul, 5 hours from Izmir, 7 hours from Antalya and 10 hours from Ankara and 3 hours from Bodrum. Marmaris Bus Station Phone Number: +90 252 412 30 37
Holidaymakers may find many local bus companies travelling to Marmaris from many Turkish major cities such as Istanbul, Izmir and Ankara and from many close districts. From Izmir, Fethiye and Bodrum, there are busses about every hour. Marmaris Bus Station is located at the entrance of Marmaris.
Marmaris Bus Station Phone Number: +90 252 412 30 37
Travelling to Marmaris by Sea
Marmaris is also accessible by sea, making it a popular destination for cruise ships and yachts. Holidaymakers may travel to Marmaris by sea with their boats or yachts. Marmaris Netsel Marina is the main marina of the resort and also one of the best serving marinas in the whole Mediterranean. There are also ferries to Rhodes from Marmaris (both ways). If you’re planning to arrive by sea, there are several options available:
- Ferry: You can take a ferry from nearby Greek islands, such as Rhodes, Kos, or Symi, to Marmaris. This is a popular option for those who want to combine their Turkish holiday with a Greek island hopping experience.
- Cruise Ship: Marmaris is a popular port of call for several cruise ships, making it an excellent option for travelers who want to explore multiple destinations in one trip.
- Yacht: Marmaris is a popular destination for yachting enthusiasts and is home to several marinas that offer mooring services.
Marmaris Netsel Marina ; Tel: + 90 252 412 27 08
VHF Channel 06 Call Sign: “Port Marmaris”
Visit www.netselmarina.com for more info
How to Get from the Dalaman Airport to Your Hotel?
There are several options to get from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel in central Marmaris including Siteler and Armutalan, Icmeler, Turunc or any other holiday resort on the Dalaman region, such as Sarigerme, Oludeniz, Fethiye, Gocek, etc.
Below put together all the transportation options to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
Havas & Muttas Airport Shuttles
There are two official airport shuttle services named Havas (Tel: +90 444 0 487) and Muttas (Tel: +90 252 212 48 50), operating from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to Fethiye and Marmaris (2-ways).
Public Bus (MUTTAS)
The public bus service named “MUTTAS” operates between Dalaman Airport and Marmaris, including Intercity Bus Terminal.
Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal to Dalaman Airport
The public buses depart from daily 04:00. See the bus schedule from muttas.com.tr
Dalaman Airport to Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal
The public buses depart upon the arrivals. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
One way ticket price is 25 TL. You need to pay in cash. Credit card is not available.
It takes about 110 minutes to get to Marmaris
Note: If you wanna continue to Icmeler, you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus from Marmaris city center.
Airport Shuttle (HAVAS)
The HAVAS Airport Shuttle operate on a regular fixed route to Marmaris city center and Intercity Bus Terminal. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Dalaman Airport, Dalaman centre, Ortaca, Koycegiz, Gokova, Marmaris
It takes about 90 minutes to get to Marmaris
One way ticket price is 25 TL
Please double check above info from havas.net
Note: If you wanna continue to Icmeler, you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus from Marmaris city center.
Taxi ranks are situated outside the airport terminal so you’ll need to walk some. Keep in mind that Dalaman Airport (DLM) is very far away from the majority of the holiday resorts in the Dalaman region (Marmaris is 96 km. away). And taxis can cost you much.
According to the 2021 taxi fares for Mugla region, the taxi-meter switch on price is 5,50 TL and per kilometer price varies with the distance (i.e. 5,60 TL per km. for 1-5 km. distance; 4,75 TL per km. for 6-15 km.; 3,75 TL per km. for 16-30 km.; 2,75 TL per km. for 31-50 km. distance; 2,40 TL per km. over 51 km.)
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Dalaman airport to Marmaris within an average distance of 96 km, the taxi fare for will be around 320-350 TL.
You can calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
We also recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
If you decide to take a taxi anyways, than we recommend you to take them from the official taxi ranks and stay away from the hustlers inside the airport terminal. You can find the annual taxi fare list at the official taxi ranks. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
There is also Dalaman Airport Taxi (Tel: +90 252 792 52 40) that you can use. Fares for Marmaris centre is 320 TL / 50,00EUR / 45,00 GBP / 55,00 USD. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras as it will cost less than the other currencies.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we recommend you the below options.
This is by far the best option. If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers, as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in Marmaris or in the Dalaman region.
The Havas or Muttas airport shuttles will bring you to at the Intercity Bus Terminal of Marmaris or Fethiye and you’ll need to take a taxi from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
When you take private transfers, the driver also meets you inside the airport terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
Summary of all
* If you are travelling alone or a couple, and don’t have so much luggage, than you can take the Havas & Muttas Airport Shuttles and reach Marmaris Intercity Bus Terminal, and from there you may take a taxi to reach your hotel for about 50 TL per person for shuttle plus taxi ride for your hotel which may make between 50-150 TL depending where your hotel is. And if you hotel is very far away rom central Marmaris, than it will be expensive.
* If you are travelling with loads of luggage, or a group of 4 people or more, or if you are travelling with kids, or if you don’t want to go through the hassle of making all above arrangements by your own and if you think feel like you may have troubles with all the other options, than we recommend you to take Private Airport Shuttles.
* And finally, , than we recommend you to arrange your own transfer via Private Shuttle Service from Dalaman Airport to Marmaris, so that you may feel comfortable and take a good service including your meeting by the taxi driver in the arrival hall (1 hour waiting is included), holding a plate with our names on it, carrying your luggage and bringing you to your hotel’s doorstep.
Private Shuttles to/from Dalaman Airport
* As for private airport shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
* They have variety of different and good models of cars ranging from Micro for 3 passengers to Minibuses for 19 passengers and also offer child seats. They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
* Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Dalaman region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Dalaman Airport (DLM) to your hotel and from your hotel to Dalaman Airport (DLM).
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
- Dalaman Airport <-> central Marmaris
- Dalaman Airport <-> Icmeler
- Dalaman Airport <-> Turunc
- Dalaman Airport <-> Selimiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Bozburun
- Dalaman Airport <-> Hisaronu
- Dalaman Airport <-> Orhaniye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Akyaka
- Dalaman Airport <-> Dalyan
- Dalaman Airport <-> Datca
- Dalaman Airport <-> Sarigerme
- Dalaman Airport <-> Gocek
- Dalaman Airport <-> Fethiye
- Dalaman Airport <-> Oludeniz